Here is what you’ll need!
Cheesy Pretzel ‘Corn’ Dogs
6-8 slices of cheese
5-8 mini frankfurters
250 millilitres water
3 tablespoons dried yeast
1 tablespoon salt
350 grams flour
1 litre of water
3 tablespoons bicarbonate of soda
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Wrap the frankfurters in the cheese and secure a long cocktail stick through the end of the frankfurters.
3. Place on a tray and freeze for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the pretzel dough. Combine the the water, dried yeast, and salt.
5. Mix in the flour and combine together with your hands.
6. Knead the dough for about 8-10 minutes until it feels smooth and elastic.
7. Break off chunks of the dough and roll into long rope shapes.
8. Wrap the dough ropes around the frankfurters.
9. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil and add the bicarbonate of soda. Dunk the frankfurters in the water for about 3 minutes.
10. Place on a tray and coat with the egg yolk and a sprinkling of sea salt.
11. Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
12. Serve with mustard and ketchup.
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network